- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Tbilisi requests from Washington specification of integration in NATO terms2009-09-16 11:29
Official Tbilisi would like to clarify the position of Obama administration on the terms of Georgia's admission to NATO. Therefore the Georgi Baramidze, the Vice PM, the State minister for European and Atlantic Integration, arrived in Washington - RIA Novosti.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"We say that in 2-3 years Georgia will be ready to join NATO, - Baramidze said. - We want to know what our colleagues from Washington think about the terms of Georgia's admission to the Alliance ".
According to Baramidze, more than a year passed from the summit in Bucharest, where Georgia was promised a prospect to join; and now it' s time to "think about specific plans". "In fact, it doesn't mean that such plans will be worked out in the nearest time. We just want to intensify the process of considering the issue". The vice PM said he would discuss prospects with representatives of the State Department and the Department of Defense.
Though saying that NATO doors remain open for Georgia and Ukraine, U.S. officials admit the chances to enter these doors in nearest months or years are low. Competent observers say now Georgia and Ukraine has no prospects at least due to objections of European countries, in the first line, Germany. Nevertheless, the USA play the first fiddle in NATO, and everyone is interested to learn Obama team's position.