- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Davitaya: Abkhazia won’t be able to quit Georgian Church2009-09-16 12:51
The separation of the Sokhumi-Abkhaz diocese from the Georgian Orthodox Church and its renaming in Abkhaz Orthodox Church has "neither legal nor ecclesiastical force", Tbilisi believes - RosBalt.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"The authority of the Patriarch of Georgia in the Orthodox world that no-one can confront and create any problem", says Paata Davitaya, the Vice Speaker of the Parliament of Georgia.
Previously GeorgiaTimes reported that Sokhumi-Abkhaz diocese was renamed in the Abkhaz Orthodox Church with Sokumi and Pitsunda Patriarchies, stated Priest Vissarion Aplia in the air of Abkhaz TV.
He said the decision was made at today's assembly, with intention to restore Abkhaz Orthodox Church, which lost independence in 1795.