- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian Church doesn’t recognize independency of Abkhaz Church2009-09-16 13:21
The patriarchy of georgia stated it doesn't recognize independency of Abkhazian Church. "There is no independent Abkhazian Church", said Father David Sharashenidze, the spokesman of the Georgian Orthodox Church - the Vzglyad.gt-en-newsitem-inside
He also alluded to the firm position of the Russian Orthodox Church, which, in his view, recognizes the churches of Abkhazia and South Ossetia as parts of the Georgian Church.
Previously GeorgiaTimes reported that Sokhumi-Abkhaz diocese was renamed in the Abkhaz Orthodox Church with Sokumi and Pitsunda Patriarchies, stated Priest Vissarion Aplia in the air of Abkhaz TV.
He said the decision was made at today's assembly, with intention to restore Abkhaz Orthodox Church, which lost independence in 1795.