- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
European parliamentarians arrived in South Ossetia2009-09-16 14:46
International parliamentary delegation, uniting representatives of social-democratic parties of Russia, Ukraine, Serbia, Romania, and Bulgaria, today arrived in South Ossetia to assess situation in the region, hold meetings with residents and visit restored objects - ITAR TASS.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"We want the colleagues to see how justified the recognition of South Ossetia by Russia was," said Nikolai Levichev, the Russian MP, head of Just Russia fraction. He added that Mps from all the aforesaid countries had visited South Ossetia one year before.
Bozhidar Delich, the Serbian Vice Speaker, expressed content for visiting the region personally.. "Me and members of my party are participants of demonstration supporting the Ossetian people," he said and added that several times presented his point of view in NATO-organized events.
Anatoliy Tolstoukhov, the Ukrainian MP [Party of Regions] is sure that the assessment of the events in South Ossetia will be used by opposition in electoral campaign. "Opposition has a common view on events in South Ossetia. We initially condemned Georgia's actions as aggressor's ones. But our President Yushchenko stood next to aggressor President Saakashvili. But the time will open our people's eyes to the truth".
According to the MP, the truth "may influence the political course as to build relations with Russia in a way they must be", he said.