- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian Parliament to discuss reforms in the defense sphere2009-09-16 15:45
In the course of United Georgia Without Poverty report the government presented the report on priorities and reforms in defense sphere for Parliament's consideration - Noviy Region.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The report states that a number of reform are being conducted in the sphere, like paying for military's work in accordance with their ranks and positions, reorganization of the national Academy of Defense, revision of conceptual and strategic documents, development of new concept of reserve and mobilization, improvement of information security system and connections, development of military reconnaissance.
In the framework of Georgia's integration in NATO and following intensification of cooperation between Georgia and NATO meetings on various issues were held, and two very important projects - in military education and training, and in civil defense sphere - were initiated.
The government of Georgia mentions that in the course of the bilateral cooperation with NATO intensive cooperation with the Alliance member countries goes on in the fields like development of defense policy and strategic documents, improvement of military and civil education, introduction of professional management and system of social provision, development of logistics, system of financial provision and planning, development of military capacities.