- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Ilia II responded to the statement of the Abkhazian clergy2009-09-16 17:05
Ilia II, the Catholicos Patriarch of All Georgia urged "not to take seriously" the statement of the Abkhazian clergy abou the separation of the Abkhaz Church from the Georgian one.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"The statement of the clergy of Abkhazia is an unserious statement. And we must not take it seriously. No-one can proclaim independency without the main church", he said - RIA Novosti.
Today Priest Vissarion, the acting head of Sokhumi-Abkhaz diocese, stated that the Abkhaz Orthodox Church declares its official separation from the Georgian Church.
Father David Sharashenidze, the Patriarchy spokesman, said that, in his view, no orthodox church will recognize the independency of the Abkhaz Orthodox Church.