- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgia expressed gratitude to Slovakia for support in the UN2009-09-17 12:23
Yesterday, the Foreign Ministry of Georgia hosted a meeting between Grigol Vashadze, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Georgia, and Vladimir Jakabčin, the Ambassador Plenipotentiary and Extraordinary of the Republic of Slovakia to Georgia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
At the meeting the sides focused on topical issues of Georgian-Slovakian bilateral and multilateral cooperation. The Minister and the Ambassador discussed issues of holding political consultations between the Ministries of Foreign Affairs of the two countries and carrying out the scheduled visits. They also heeded the importance of Georgia-EU cooperation within the Eastern Partnership program, also prospected and rendered humanitarian and financial aid from the Slovakian side. - The Foreign Ministry of Georgia.
Grigol Vashadze thanked the Slovakian side for its backing the draft resolution on the status of internally displaced persons and refugees at the 63rd UN General Assembly, and for support of Georgia's European and Euro-Atlantic aspirations. At the end of the meeting the Ambassador reaffirmed the unaltered position of his country in regard to Georgia's independence, sovereignty and territorial integrity.