- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Sozar Subari left his post of ombudsman2009-09-17 12:58
Today, on September 17th, the new Public Defender of Georgia, Georgi Tugushi, officially starts work - GHN.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Sozar Subari's term expired on September 16th.
The fourth Public Defender was elected by the Parliament of Georgia: 88 votes for, 8 against.
According to the Georgian legislation, the public Defender is elected by the supreme legislative body. For 5 years the public Defender detects facts of human rights violations and reports to due organizations and persons. Impediments to his activities are illegal.
Previously Georgi Tugushi worked in the office of the ombudsman: was involved in the EU-financed project aimed to expand capacities of the Public Defender's office. Has Master's degree in international law [Lund University], and Master's degree in state administration [Tbilisi College of Public Affairs].