- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Laborites: Berezovsky visited Georgia and met with Saakashvili2009-09-21 11:19
Representatives of the pro-opposition Labour Party of Georgia stated that Boris Berezovsky, residing in London, on September 11th visited Georgia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Kakha Dzaganmia, one of the part leaders, yesterday said that, according to his information, on September 11th Berezovsky secretly visited Tbilisi and held a number of meetings, including the one with Mikheil Saakashvili. He mentioned that Berezovsky also visited the grave of the late businessman Badri Patarkatsishvili - ITAR TASS.
Previously these messages had been spread by Georgian mass media.
The Russian tycoon and relatives of the late Patarkatsishvili refused to comment these statements, Georgian mass media say.
The Georgian authorities didn't confirm these messages. Shota Utiashvili, the MIA spokesman, said he had no information about that visit.
At the same time, Georgi Khaindrava, the ex-State minister for Conflict Settlement mentioned several sources.
"I can't confirm anything, as I myself saw nothing. But there guards of Patarkatsishvili's house, there are journalists and other sources", Khaindrava said.
"It [the visit] can't be ruled out, and if Berezovsky was in Tbilisi, it could only mean the authorities agreed to some deal with him. In particular, it concerns with Patarkatsishvili's property. These people [representatives of authorities] are capable of everything".
Tycoon Badri Patarkatsishvili, one of the richest people of Georgia, suddenly died on February 12th 2008, in his villa near London.