- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
SPIEGEL: Tagliavini’s commission came to conclusion the war was started by Georgia2009-09-21 18:53
The independent commission appointed by the European Union to investigate the war between Georgia and Russia last summer came to conclusion that Tbilisi is responsible for causing the five-day conflict - SPIEGEL.gt-en-newsitem-inside
At the same time, according to diplomats in Brussels, the EU experts impose part of responsibility on Russia. SPIEGEL states that Heidi Tagliavini intends to adjourn the publication of the report to the next week to let Ban Ki-moon, the UN Secretary General, to read it.
Russia recognized independency of Abkhazia and South Ossetia on August 26th, after the 50day war followed after the assault on Tskhinval on August 8th 2008. In result of the combat actions, Tskhinval was toatally ruined, over 200 civilians were killed. Russia conducted peace enforcement operation in response to the actions of the Georgian army.