- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Financial police to be restored in Georgia2009-09-22 17:33
The due document has already been sent to the Parliament. According to that one, financial police will be restored as a semi-autonomous structure - Civil.ge.gt-en-newsitem-inside
In the past this structure had already stirred criticism and even called "racket of business" . In 2007 it was abolished, nut, according to the bill's authors, its re-establishment is caused by "necessity to take effective measures against financial and economic crime".
The head of the service will now be appointed and dismissed by President Mikheil Saakashvili, after agreement with the Minister of Finance and the PM.