- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian soldiers to serve in a conflict area of Afghanistan2009-09-22 17:59
Georgian servicemen to be sent to Afghanistan in the framework of the international peacemaking operation, will serve in the most acute conflict area - Gilmend Province, near the border with Pakistan.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The fiercest combats with Taliban are held in that area - the VZGLYAD.
"The participation of Georgia in this mission is of principal importance, especially because Russia expects the failure of the NATO operation in Afghanistan", said Petre Tsiskarishvili, MP, leader of pro-presidential majourity in the Parliament .
Previously Georgian military also participated in the operation in Iraq, but mostly guarded objects and escorted cargoes. This autumn Georgia is expected to send a company in Afghanistan [as a part of the French battalion], in spring - a battalion to join the American contingent.