- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Saakashvili negotiated with NATO Secretary General2009-09-23 11:10
Yesterday in New York Mikheil Saakashvili, the President of Georgia, held a meeting with Anders Fogh Rasmussen, NATO Secretary General.gt-en-newsitem-inside
It was the first meeting of the Georgian leader with Rasmussen since the moment the latter took the office.
The negotiations were attended by Georgian Foreign Minister Grigol Vashadze, national Security Council Secretary Eka Tkeshelashvili, President's Advisor for Foreign Affairs David Sikharulidze, and Georgia's ambassador to NATO Grigol Mgaloblishvili.
After the meeting Rasmussen called it constructive, and confirmed that NATO position in the issue of cooperation with Georgia remains the same, and the promise to grant membership to Georgia and Ukraine, given at the summit in Bucharest, is still valid - Novosti-Gruzia.
The Secretary General added that serious cooperation in this field takes place, the annual program is involved. He also expressed hope the serious progress in this field will be made in his term in the office.