- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
64th UN session opens in New York2009-09-23 11:24
Today the political discussion in the framework of the 64th session of the UN General Assembly opens in the UN headquarters in New York.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The forum will last till September 30th , over 120 leaders of states and governments, also heads of foreign affairs structures of the UN member countries will participate - ITAR TASS.
The main topics will be social and economic issues, disarmament and settlement of conflicts in Iraq, Afghanistan and the Middle East.
Presidents of Russia, France, Brazil, Libya, Chili, Jordan, Algeria, Korea, Iran will deliver speeches in the first day of the discussion. Speeches of presidents of Turkmenistan, Lithuania, Ukraine and Georgia are planned for tomorrow.
The UN GA is the main deliberative body of the UN. It comprises representatives of all member countries, each has one vote. In 1946 the number of members counted 51, now - 192.