- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian citizens detained in Austria2009-09-23 16:24
16 Georgian citizens were detained in Austria for illegal crossing of the border.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Today,in the air of Imedi Anna Kikvadze, the consul of Georgia to Austria, "on Monday 10 citizens of Georgia were detained and delivered to the pre-trial detention centre, where they asked for asylum. Out of them, 2 women were transferred to the refugee camp. On Tuesday 6 citizens of Georgia were detained and sent to detention centre, where they also demanded for asylum".
She added that "procedures, implied by the laws of Austria, will be administered to the detained".
Imedi states 14 out of 16 will be deported, 2 women remain in the refugee camp.
In the light of the increased number of detentions and deportations of Georgian citizens in a number of countries the Foreign Ministry of Georgia called on its citizens to observe the rules of entering this or that state.