- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
9th sitting of the EU-Georgia cooperation committee was held2009-09-24 10:44
Yesterday in the foreign Ministry of Georgia the 9th sitting of committee on cooperation of the EU and Georgia was held. According to the Ministry, the chairman of the Georgian side was David Jagalania, the deputy Foreign Minister, from the EU side - Gunnar Vigand, Head of Eurocommission's Department on Eastern Europe.gt-en-newsitem-inside
At the meeting pressing issues of bilateral and multilateral cooperation and plans for the future were discussed. Special attention was drawn to Eastern Partnership implementation, agreement on association and prospects on establishment of deep and comprehensive free trade zone.
Situation with human rights, supremacy of law, democracy of ruling and condition of the core rights and freedoms in Georgia was heeded.
The parties discussed settlement of conflicts and situation after the August war, including Geneva Talks. The Georgian side stressed the EU's important role in ensuring stability and security in Caucasus.
The EU delegation expressed support for the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Georgia. It hailed measures aimed at implementation of action plan in thee framework of the EU neighborhood policy, implementation of the EU recommendations by the Georgian party. The EU representatives also hailed the completion of the negotiations on visa regime simplification and readmission and possibility to start dialog on association agreement.