- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian delegation wasn’t present at Medvedev’s speech at the UN general Assembly session2009-09-24 12:40
Georgian delegation left the hall of sittings in the moment of Russian President's speech at the 64th session of the UN GA, stated Eka Tkeshelashvili, the National Security Council Secretary.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"As a protest no member of the Georgian delegation was present in the UN hall of sittings at the moment of Medvedev's presentation. It was a protest in regard to the state which occupied Georgian territories and continues the occupation even now", - Novosti-Gruzia.
"There was nothing unexpected in Medvedev's statements. It was all the same rhetoric and propaganda the Russian side has been using all the recent time. As for the speech of the President of Georgia at the UN session (September 25th ) it will be the expression of strategic vision of Georgia's interests around the global questions and challenges the world faces", Tkeshelashvili said.
She added that in Saakashvili's speech "all the violations of international legislation will be registered, and all the problems of Georgia will be presented".
In his speech at the UN GA 64th session Dmitry Medvedev, the President of Russia, mentioned that last year's aggression in South Ossetia could have grown into a large-scale war. He added that distinct and effective mechanisms of security indivisibility principle implementation are necessary to prevent repetition of such events.