- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Saakashvili promised to restore Georgia’s unity2009-09-24 13:26
President Mikheil Saakashvili promised to do everything for restoration of the unity and territorial integrity of Georgia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
At yesterday's beneficial concert in New York he said that in August 2008 an attempt to "destroy Georgia's statehood and wipe it from the world map was made, but failed".
He added that Georgian authorities didn't intended to repeat the mistakes of the first republic of Georgia's leaders, who "fled and renounced Georgia's statehood". In his view, the response ti "Russia's aggression" was the only right decision, and in this way Georgia was defending its interests, principles of state and its population.
Rejecting these principles, Georgia would reject its statehood and Georgians would stop existence as the nation, Mikheil Saakashvili added - Novosti-Gruzia.
According to Saakashvili, "Georgia will always be saved and will be able to return what it temporarily lost".
The President of Georgia is expected to deliver a speech at the 64th session of the UN GA tomorrow.