- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Moscow disclaims rumours about submarines in Ochamchira2009-09-24 14:43
The Ministry of Defense of Russia disclaimed messages spread by Georgian authorities, concerning presence of Russian fleet submarines in Ochamchira [Abkhazia].gt-en-newsitem-inside
"The statements about it, made by the Vice Speaker of the Georgian Parliament, Paata Davitaya, are very far from reality. There are no Russian submarines in Ochamchira", said the ministry's spokesman - Interfax military.
Yesterday Georgia Times reported that Paata Davitaya, the Vice Speaker of the Georgian Parliament, said that the Russian side deployed not only ships but also submarines to guard the neutral waters of the Black sea. "They are deployed in the military base in Ochamchira", Davitaya said.
He added the deployment of military vessels in Abkhazianwaters of the Black sea violates the international legislation. "As for the Novorossiysk, it's an offensive ship, capable to enter the shore and land troops", the Vice Speaker shared.
That vessels started patrolling marine borders of Abkhazia on September 21st. 10 guarding vessels will be based in Ochamchira, among them Sobol and Mangoust. Also, the sea territory will be fully under coverage of radars aimed to detect large and intermediate objects.