- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
996 mln lari allocated on projects’ implementation in regions2009-09-25 12:00
This year GEL 996 mln [ appr. USD 622.5 mln ]were allocated from the Fund of Municipal Governance for implementation of various infrastructural projects in Georgian regions, stated at yesterday's "governmental hour" David Tkeshelashvili, the Minister of Regional Development and Infrastructure.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to his report,GEL 630 mln were spent on roads' rehabilitation. GEL185 mln were spent on repair and restoration of water supply systems, 54 mln lari - on sewage systems rehabilitation. GEL 18 mln were allocated on rehabilitation of irrigation channels, GEL 109 mln - on repair of schools.
The program of assistance to settlements was implemented in 3 487 of them селах,and turned out to be so successful that the authorities intend to continue its implementation in 2010.
Tkeshelashvili mentioned that in the framework of the program projects were selected via consultations with local residents and were oriented on the needs of this or that settlement. 4 668 project financed, most of them concerned rehabilitation of water pipelines and irrigation systems, roads, construction of sports grounds.