- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Foreign Minister of Georgia conducted meetings in New York2009-09-25 12:52
Grigol Vashadze, the Foreign Minister of Georgia, is currently staying in New York and together with President Mikheil Saakashvili participates in the 64th session of the UN General Assembly.gt-en-newsitem-inside
He held a number of meetings with counterparts from the UN member countries.
At the meeting with Hungarian colleague, Peter Balash, Vashadze touched upon prospects of economic cooperation between the countries, and mentioned necessity to intensify relations in the framework of international organizations, NATO and the EU.
Bilateral relations were also discussed at negotiations with counterparts from Austria, Egypt, Portugal, Bulgaria.
With the colleague from Kazakhstan Vashadze touched upon the strengthening of relations I the framework of OSCE and the UN and discussed details is his coming visit to Astana, also requested to visit him in Tbilisi.
With the Foreign Minister of Cyprus he agreed to conduct political consultations between the both ministries.
With Daniel Fried, the U.S. special representative on Guantanamo issues, Vashadze discussed prospects of development of relations of Georgia and the USA. With Philip Gordon, the Assistant Secretary of State, specified details of the Georgian - U.S. Charter on Strategic Partnership implementation.
In New York the meeting of the Georgian delegation with the president and the executive director of the Committee of American Jews was held, necessity to deepen interrelations between Georgian and Jewish peoples was noted. Grigol Vashadze organized an official dinner, attended by political directors of the EU, issues of cooperation in the framework of international organizations was considered.