- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Opposition staged a protest action in Tbilisi2009-09-29 10:29
Yesterday Georgian opposition resumed protest actions near the Parliament. It's not known whtetherr these would be regular, but the organizers declared yesterday "the beginning of Saakashvili and his government's demise".gt-en-newsitem-inside
Instead of promised 50 000 people only several dozens gathered. Opposition leaders also attended the action: Levan Gachechildze, Gubaz Sanikidze [National Forum], Georgi Tsagareishvili [opposition MP], Kakha Kukava [the Conservative Party], Sozar Subari [ex-ombudsman, Alliance for Georgia ] .
The cause for the rally was the statement of President Saakashvili over the killing of a policeman. He said that the policy of pardoning should be restricted, and policemen must be given right to use weapons. Saakashvili also noted that the policeman was killed by one of those whom opposition ardently defended at rallies.
The opposition was outraged by the fact that the killer of a policeman, Rati Rekhviashvili, was made equal to the young people who fell victims to the police's reprisal - Sandro Girgvliani, Bute Robakidze and many others.
The rally participants addressed the Parliament with a demand to establish a special commission to investigate all the notorious murders. They submitted an application to the Parliament's chancellery; Georgi Tsagareishvili promised to do everything possible to let this commission be established and work effectively.
The rallying presented the ultimatum: the commission must be founded to October 14th, otherwise opposition turns to drastic measure, though didn't mention what ones.