- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
13 “Mukhrovani mutineers’ plead guilty2009-09-29 13:30
Out of 41 accused over a mutiny in Mukhrovani military base, 13 plead guilty.gt-en-newsitem-inside
MIA press service reported that among them - Giya Gvaladze, who in 1990s was the commander of Delta special mission squad. He is accused of preparation of the mutiny aimed at the forceful shift of constitutional regime, overthrow or seizure of power.
All the 13 accused declared their wish to cooperate with the investigation - RIA Novosti. From now on their cases will be considered separately. At the next trial [September 30th ] these will be tried by a new judge.
Previously Georgia Times reported that on May 5th commandment of tank battalion in Mukhrovani military base declared insubordination to the authorities. The Ministry of defense was conducting negotiations for 4 hours, the mutineers laid down weapons. The Interior Ministry claimed of the thwarted plot. Most part of suspects was detained the same day. The same day Koba Kobaladze, the ex-commander of the National Guard, and the mentioned before Giya Gvaladze, were arrested the same day over accusation for preparation of the mutiny aimed at the coup d'etat.