- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Turkey and Armenia to sign accord on establishment of diplomatic relations2009-09-29 14:45
Recep Erdogan, the PM of Turkey, claimed that Turkey and Armenia would sign an agreement on establishment of diplomatic relations on October 10th.gt-en-newsitem-inside
It will be an important step in the process of regulation of relations between the countried, he believes.
Erdogan mentioned the agreement will be signed by the Foreign Ministers of the two states, but would be valid only after endorsement of the both parliaments - Kavkazskiy Uzel.
Representatives of Turkey and Armenia has been conducting negotiations on normalization of relations behind the closed doors in Switzerland. On August 31st the joint statements of the Foreign Ministries of Armenia, Turkey and the Federal Department for foreign relations of Switzerland After the negotiations protocols on establishment of diplomatic relations between the two countries and protocol on development of bilateral relations. The Foreign Ministry of Armenia said the countries agreed to open the border after the 2 moths of validation of the protocol on development of bilateral relations.
The border was closed on the initiative of Ankara in 1993, in the times of Karabakh war. Turkey demands the withdrawal of Armenian troops from Nagorno-Karabakh and demands recognition of Azerbaijan's territorial integrity from Armenia. Now the Turkish Foreign Ministry states that interests of Azerbaijan will be considered at every stage of normalization of relations with Armenia.