- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
PACE commission rejected anti-Russian amendments on resolution on Caucasus2009-09-29 15:31
PACE commission declined some amendments on draft resolution on Caucasus - RSN.gt-en-newsitem-inside
On of these proposed to recognize President Medvdev's bill allowing to use Russian Armed Forces outside the country, as contradicting the international law and threatening security of CE member countries. [The Russian Law on Defense was amended on August 10th ] .
Another amendment proposed consideration of suspending Russia's membership in the Council of Europe because of its alleged non-compliance with the demands for settlement of the situation around Abkhazia and South Ossetia. The initiative to deprive the Russian delegation in PACE of its authority was backed by 72 MPs [with minimum of 20].
Though the Monitoring Commission rejected these amendments, they will be considered at the evening session of the Assembly.
The issue of deprivation of the Russian delegation of the right to vote will be discussed on October 1st.
Today PACE intends to adopt draft resolution War between Georgia and Russia: One Year After. The Assembly intends to emphasize the total absence of progress on implementation of previous PACE decisions and blame Moscow for it. Strasbourg states Georgia implemented most, but not all demands; Russia didn't implement the core ones. PACE rapporteur Luc van den Brande again addressed Moscow and urged to let international monitors to the Georgian-South Ossetian conflict area.
The Russian delegation disagrees with the complaints included in the resolution.