- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Tagliavini accepted: Georgia unleashed the war in South Ossetia2009-09-30 11:48
It was Geoergia who unleashed the August 2008 war, BBC stated citing to the report of the group of independent military experts, headed by Heidi Tagliavini, from Swiss foreign affairs ministry.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to BBC correspondent, the main conclusion is: Georgia made the first shot. The report will be presented today in Brussels, in the afternoon - ITAR TASS.
The document will be passed to representatives of Russia, Georgia, the EU, OSCE and the UN, will also be available in the Internet.
The Permanent Representative of Russia to the EU Chizhov, Russia expects the report to be objective. In his view, this report must "publicly clear the real timeline and real responsibility of Saakashvili regime for everything that happened, to the public opinion of Europe and outside it".
Previously Georgia Times reported that according to a diplomatic source in Brussels, the report authors impose responsibility for instigation of the conflict on Georgia, but accuse Russia's actions in its escalation.
The mission under the aegis of the EU officially started its work in Caucasus on December 2nd 2008. The report was expected to be ready on July 31st 2009, but the presentation was postponed on the request of the head of the mission, as she received new materials.