- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Shamba predicts recognition of Abkhazia by an ALBA country2009-09-30 13:11
The next country to recognize Abkhazia will be a state from Bolivarian Alliance, stated Sergey Shamba, the Foreign Minister of Abkhazia - RIA Novosti.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"Our delegation was staying in Latin America for practically a month, and returns home only today. We had a lot of meetings in Cuba, and in some other countries of the region. That's a useful work, necessary for the next stage - recognition. We cannot expect recognition without any preliminary actions", he said.
"We have an expectation that the process of recognition will continue with support of the countries which have already recognized us. We think, it will be countries from Bolivarian Alliance (Venezuela, Cuba, Bolivia, Nicaragua, Dominica, Honduras, Ecuador). These countries have common approach to collective issues and can follow the leader of the Alliance - Venezuela", Shamba mentioned.
Previously he mentioned that "in case Venezuela recognizes Abkhazia and South Ossetia, a cascade of recognitions can follow".
Georgia Times reported that on September 10th, at the meeting with Dmitry Medvedev, the President of Russia, Hugo Chavez, the leader of Venezuela, declared the recognition of Abkhazia and South Ossetia. That time he mentioned that gradual recognition from the side of the countries is in store.
The Bolivarian Alliance (ALBA) was founded in 2004 on the initiative of Hugo Chavez and Fidel Castor. It comprises Venezuela, Cuba, Nicaragua, Dominica, Honduras, Equador; and as monitors - Haiti, Iran, Uruguay.