- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
“Mission of truth” admitted Georgia’s guilt2009-09-30 15:37
The international commission for investigation of circumstances of the August 2008 war in Caucasus, headed by Heidi Tagliavini, called Saakashvili's regime responsible for unleashing the conflict in South Ossetia, announced Vladimir Chizhov, the Permanent Representative of Russia to the EU.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"Who started first? The report gives an unambiguous answer to that question", he said.
He added the report will be "instantly sent to Moscow" for thorough study.
The copies of document were also also handed out to representatives of other recipient countries: Georgia, the EU, OSCE, the UN.
The report has no fundamentally new conclusions, the European diplomatic source in the Council of Europe stated - RIA Novosti.
He added the document in relatively equal degree criticizes the actions of both countries: Georgia - for beginning of combat actions in South Ossetia, Russia - for escalation of conflict.
The source explained the EU isn't interested in blaming one side, as it will be counterproductive.
The diplomat added the report is based on the research by 30 European military experts and specialists in the field of law and history.