- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
President of Russia congratulated Bagapsh on the Independency Day of Abkhazia2009-09-30 17:25
Dmitry Medevedev, the President of Russia, send a telegram to his Abkhazian counterpart to over the 16th anniversary of independency proclamation of the republic.gt-en-newsitem-inside
In the telegram Medvedev promised that Russia will favor social-economic development of Abkhazia further on - RIA Novosti.
"Signing the Agreement on friendship, cooperation and mutual assistance between the Russian federation and the republic of Abkhazia drew our relations to the qualitatively new level, became the beginning of formation of the legal base. New opportunities for cooperation in political, social and cultural and humanitarian spheres appeared", the telegram says.
On September 27th 1993 Abkhaz armed forces ousted the troops of the State Council of Georgia out of the city, on September 30th 1993 all the territory of Abkhazia was free of Georgian army, Abkhaz flag was hoisted at the border with Georgia on Inguri river. The war lasted for 412 days and was ended with Georgia's defeat.
In August 2008, after combat actions in South Ossetia Russia recognized independency of South Ossetia and Abkhazia.