- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Kremlin hails conclusions of Tagliavini’s commission2009-10-01 10:26
Russia hails the conclusion of the international commission on investigation of the conflict in Georgia, stated Natalia Timakova, the Russian President's press secretary.gt-en-newsitem-inside
She added the President would acquaint with the document - RIA Novisti.
She highlighted that according to the statements, made also by Vladimir Chizov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, the commission came to the conclusion it had been Georgia who started the war.
"We can only hail this conclusion. Other comments will follow later", she added.
Previously Georgia Times reported that Heidi Tagliavini, the head of the international commission on investigating the conditions of the conflict in August 2008 , yesterday passed a copy of report with conclusions of European experts to Vladimir Chizhov, the Permanent Representative of Russia to the EU.
The document was also handed out to representatives of other recipient countries: Georgia, the EU, OSCE, the UN.
In that report the commission called Saakashvili regime responsible for unleashing the conflict.