- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Parliament of Georgia content with conclusion of Tagliavini’s commission2009-10-01 10:55
The report by "the mission of truth" was discussed till night in the Parliament by MPs of the parliamentary majority together with Speaker David Bakradze. After the meeting they noted the document included facts the temporary parliamentary commission on study of August events.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to the MPs, Tagliavini's commission doesn't state the war was started by georgia, it proves the combat actions started long before August 2008 and were a chain of military provocations, organized by "separatists instigated by Russia".
MPs also state the facts the Georgian side presented to the commission, are grounded and were proved in the process of study; whereas Russian ones were not confirmed in the course of investigation.
"In fact, the commission unveiled all the facts Russia called as justification for its invasion in Georgia", said Shota Malashkhia, the chairman of the temporary parliamentary commission on territorial integrity restoration.
The fact that not only Russian but also foreign mass media, when publishing materials on Tagliavini's report, unanimously state the war on August 8th was started by Georgia, Tbilisi calls the ‘misinterpretation" of the document. MPs are content with the fact of genocide of Ossetians unproved, but fact of ethnic cleansing of Georgian population in South Ossetia confirmed.