- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Absence of the Russian delegation at the discussion of its authority isn’t a demarche2009-10-01 12:55
Konstantin Kosachyov, the head of the Russia delegation in PACE, believes that decision to be absent in the Assembly hall in the moment of the discussion of the delegation's authority isn't a demarche - RIA Novosti.gt-en-newsitem-inside
It must denote the discussion "isn't connected with the relations of Russia and PACE, bur connected with insalubrious destabilizing moments... The Assembly itself must handle this crisis", he said.
Previously Kosachyov called the discussion of this initiative "conflict of the Assembly with the Georgian delegation, imposing its decision to PACE".
"I hasn't discussed this decision with the delegation, but we have no imposed obligations, but personally I will definitely take no part in that discussion", Kosachyov said.
The proposal was presented for consideration several weeks ago, 72 MPs supported it [with 20 at minimum].
The issue was supposed to be discussed on Wednesday, but the Assembly Bureau decided to postpone it to Thursday.
On the first day of the Assembly session its head, Lluis Maria de Puig, requested the Monitoring Commission to prepare the opinion on the initiative within 24 hours - ITAR TASS.
On Tuesday messages came the Monitoring Commission decided to confirm the authority of the Russian delegation.
Konstantin Kosachuov, the head of the Russian delegation, said the adjournment of the discussion will make it more unpredictable as many national delegations plan to depart on Thursday.
But he added there are positive aspects about the postponed date as well: the discussion will be held after presentation of Tagliavini's commission report.