- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Burjanadze: authorities conceal truth about Tagliavini’s report2009-10-01 17:08
Nino Burjanadze, the Democratic Movement-United Georgia accused the authorities of the attempt to conceal the truth about hr report of Heidi Tagliavini's commission - RIA Novosti.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"Even the authorities of Georgia themselves don't doubt the objectivity of the commission's conclusion, though its assessments of our country and the authorities are gravest", she said at today's briefing.
The report called the mass shelling of Tskhinval from Grad artillery installations on August 8th, followed by deaths of civilians and Russian peacekeepers, the reason of the war, she noted.
In her opinion, the authorities tried to conceal truth with the help of the media it controls. "Concealment and "distortion" of the facts included in the conclusion, is one more crime against Georgian citizens", Burjanadze claimed.
In her view, all the authoritative international mass media, citing to the document, presented Georgia as the country that unleashed the war; and that's very dangerous for the Georgian state.
Burjanadze calls on all the political forces to start active consultations to "free Georgia from Saakashvili regime to let the people elect nationally and state-thinking responsible authorities".