- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Saakashvili to award the first President of Lithuania2009-10-02 15:43
Vitautas Landsbergis, the first President of Lithuania is staying in Georgia with a visit.gt-en-newsitem-inside
He's planned to meet with David Bakradze, the Speaker of the Georgian Parliament. The ex-president has already held a meeting with Georgian Foreign Minister Grigol Vashadze. After the meeting Vashadze said: "We would like again to express our respect to the person, who played an important role in destruction of the monster - the Soviet Union".
In his view, "all normal people should thank him for that". Besides, Georgia is grateful for the fat that "in those tragic days [August 2008], when we were struggling with the Russian military aggression, he mobilized all Lithuania near Georgia".
The ex-president is also expected to be received by Mikheil Saakashvili: the latter will present him with the highest award for foreigners - St.George's Order.
Vigaudas Ushautskas, the Foreign Minister of Lithuania, is also staying in Georgia. Yesterday the Georgian leader awarded him with the Order of Honour.