- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Conservatives: Saakashvili attacked Tskhinval to overcome domestic political crisis2009-10-02 16:32
Mikheil Saakashvili, the President of Georgia, assaulted Tskhinval to overcome domestic political crisis, Georgian opposition believes - RIA Novosti.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"Saakashvili made a decision on Tskhinval assault not to restore the territorial integrity of Georgia, but to overcome the domestic political crisis? As after rigged presidential and parliamentary elections his legitimacy was questioned," said Kakha Kukava, the Secretary General of the Conservative Party.
In this way Kukava commented the report of the international commission headed by Heidi Tagliavini.
"Saakashvili's actions gave the Russian side the cause for implementation of its plan: de facto and de jure annexation of the Georgian territories," Kukava added.
Therefore the Conservative regard as necessary the establishment of an independent commission to raise question of criminal liability of people guilty of the tragedy.
"We warn the authorities of Georgia: if Georgia rejects such an investigation, the issue of passing the case to the court of the Hague will be added to the agenda", Kukava said.