- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
CE political director held a meeting with Georgian opposition leaders2009-10-06 13:04
The meeting was attended by Eka Beselia , For United Georgia movement leader; Nino Burjanadze, Democratic Movement-United Georgia leader, and Kakha Kukava, the Conservative Party Secretary General.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Salome Zourabishvili, the Way of Georgia leader and Victor Dolidze, the Alliance for Georgia representative, were invited but never appeared.
Before the meeting the opposition members claimed one of the main issues would be the condition of political prisoners in Georgian prisons. Beselia stated she brought documents proving political repression conducted by the authorities.
Kukava mentioned the special commission established at the Conservative party, granted the status of political prisoners to 80 inmates. He added he would raise the issue of mass media freedom provision, liberation of judicial system, reforms of electoral legislation. Kukava highlighted these are the questions connected with Georgia's obligations to the Council of Europe.
Nino Burjanadze said she requested the CE representative to provide monitoring of political prisoners' case investigation.