- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
World Bank prepared a new strategy for Georgia2009-10-08 12:57
David Bakradze, the Speaker of the Georgian Parliament, held a meeting with Asad Alam, the regional director of the World Bank in Caucasus.gt-en-newsitem-inside
At the meeting the WB representative presented the Speaker the new strategy, developed by the Bank and aimed to drive Georgia out of consequences of the global economic crisis and August war.
The new strategy implies investing in infrastructure, deepening reforms in social sphere, rendering aid to the poor, recovery of their expenses on healthcare, improvement of business climate and enhancement of expenditures' efficiency.
Asad Alam mentioned that the main aim of the strategy - response to the challenges the crisis made to the population.
He also valued the new initiative of the Georgian President - Act of Economic Freedom, and explained the initiative corresponds to the challenges the country faces.
Previously Georgia Times reported that in the course of his speech in the parliament Saakashvili proposed the Act of Economic Freedom implying granting more freedom to the economy, drawing the role of the state in the economy to minimum, creation of additional legislative guarantees for local businessmen and foreign investors.