- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Turkey can reject EU membership2009-10-09 12:13
Perhaps, it the future Turkey won't want EU membership and will follow the way of Norway, said Abdullah Gul, the president of Turkey- RosBalt.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The referendum, held in Norway, showed that citizens are against joining the EU.
Experts say that Turkish leader's statement is not a negative reaction to Turkey and its joining the EU from the side of France, Germany and Austria. Political scientist Fadi Hakura said that statement wouldn't be followed by the real change of country's course for European integration. He also doubted the establishment of an alliance alternative to the EU, repeatedly mentioned in the official circles of Turkey.