- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
NATO won’t recognize Abkhazia and South Ossetia2009-10-09 14:42
NATO won't recognize Abkhazia and South Ossetiagt-en-newsitem-inside
According to Robert Simmons, the NATO Secretary General's special representative in South Caucasus and Central Asia, the Alliance backs the territorial integrity of Georgia - ITAR TASS.
NATO strongly supports the territorial integrity of Georgia in the framework of internationally recognized borders of the country and doesn't intend to recognize Abkhazia and South Ossetia, Simmons said today.
Previously Georgia Times reported that he held a meeting with Georgian opposition.
The meeting was attended by representatives of 17 opposition parties. According to Simmons, they discussed prospects of Georgia's integration in NATO.
According to the special envoy, opinion of all the political forces on integration is important for NATO leaders.