- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Bokeria and Iakobashvili to present speeches at the Security Council of Georgia2009-10-12 12:53
Today the expanded meeting of the Security Council of Georgia will take place at 5 pm. Georgi Bokeria, the first deputy Foreign Minister of Georgia and Temur Iakobashvili, the State Minister for Reintegration Issues, will voice speeches.
The sitting will be lead by President Mikheil Saakashvili. Bokeria will make a report on main directions of the foreign policy, Iakobashvili - on situation in conflict regions of the country.
Georgi Targamadze, the leader of Christian Democrats intends to propose legislative initiatives on reorganization of the National Security Council and involving parliament and experts in its work.
According to the MP, reality revealed the ineffectiveness if the Security Council in critical situations therefore increase in the role of the Parliament in its work is grounded. Involving experts to situation analysis and prediction activities is important.
Both parliamentary and part of non-parliamentary opposition will participate in today's sitting. The parties that rejected participation, are: the Democratic Movement-United Georgia, the For United Georgia, the For Just Georgia, the Way of Georgia, the Conservative Party, the National Forum.