- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Alliance for Georgia decided not to participate in the Security Council sitting2009-10-12 18:05
Pro-opposition Alliance for Georgia decided not to participate in today's sitting of the Security Council.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The Alliance leader Irakli Alasania said the participation would be unreasonable, as the questions set at the previous sitting on August 7th, remained undecided. Among them he mentioned cases of citizens arrested over political motives, deterioration of mass media freedom situation, problems in the work of the commission on development of new electoral legislation.
In Alasania's view the authorities' reaction on the conclusions of Tagliavini's commission, recent changes in the defense and security spheres proved the government didn't consider own mistakes and still reacts on strategically important topics in populist's way.
The opposition leader reiterated readiness to cooperate with the government, but "only in certain format and with due certain results. Especially it concerns the completion of consultations on the qualitative improvement of electoral climate in the country", Alasania highlighted.