- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
New U.S. ambassador to Georgia arrives in Tbilisi2009-10-14 10:49
John Bass, the new ambassador of the USA to Georgia, arrived in Tbilisi last evening. In Tbilisi airport he was met by representatives of the U.S. embassy and journalists.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Bass turned to the Georgian journalists, apologized for his poor Georgian, promised to give a press conference for journalists and share his plans, but only after passing credentials to President Mikheil Saakashvili.
John Bass replaced John Tefft, whose term as the ambassador expired in early September.
From July 2008 to the new appointment Bass led the Provincial Reconstruction Team -Baghdad, a joint team of civilians and military personnel supporting the government and citizens of Baghdad province, since July 2008.
Prior to serving in Iraq, Mr. Bass served as Director of the State Department Operations Center for three years, coordinating the State Department's response to crises threatening American embassies, personnel and citizens. A career member of the Senior Foreign Service, Mr. Bass also has served in Italy, Belgium and Chad. In Washington, his assignments include a detail to the Office of the Vice President as Special Advisor for Europe and Eurasia, Chief of Staff to Deputy Secretary Strobe Talbott and special assistant to the Deputy Secretary for Europe and Eurasia. Other assignments at the State Department include work on Turkey, Cyprus, NATO-Russia relations and conventional arms reductions in Europe - Diplopundit.