- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
The Parliament prepares impeachment for Saakashvili2009-10-15 16:48
Karlo Kopaliani, the MP, the representative of the pro-opposition Strong Georgia fraction and of the Republican Party today initiated the collection of signatures to declare impeachment to President Mikheil Saakashvili - the Vzglayd.gt-en-newsitem-inside
At the press conference Kopaliani said the report of the EU fact-finding mission, in which Saakashvili was accused in unleashing war in South Ossetia, allows starting the procedure.
According to the MP, the report proved that "the king is naked, and those who after that try to cover him, are fig leaves".
Kopaliani called on Saakashvili to "show patriotism" and resign voluntarily.
In according with the Constitution of Georgia, the document on impeachment must be signed by one third of MPs to be presented for consideration of the Supreme and the Constitutional Courts of Georgia.
The Parliament of Georgia includes 150 deputies.
Previously Georgia Times reported that Levan Geachechildze's movement [Protect Georgia] started campaign on "separation of Georgia from President Mikheil Saakashvili".