- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Chief Prosecutor’s Office of Georgia instituted no case against the rock band2009-10-16 10:34
The Chief Prosecutor's Office of Georgia disclaims messages of Russian mass media stating about the criminal case against Russian rockband the Plekhanovo and its leader Stanislav Chernyshevich, Khatuna Iosava, the spokesperson of the Ministry of Justice said - RIA Novosti.gt-en-newsitem-inside
In 2008 the Prosecutor's office joined the Ministry of Justice.
"These messages appeared in Russian mass media 10 days ago. We don't confirm it as it isn't true", Iosava said.
According to Russian mass media, the Chief prosecutor's office started the criminal case over article 315[Criminal Code of Georgia] - plot or mutiny aimed at overthrowing the constitutional order of Georgia. The punishment - up to 15 years in prison. According to Chernyshevich, he learnt about the case from Imedi [Georgian TV company] journalists.
The band from Lipetsk plays a song with lyrics, offensive for Mikheil Saakashvili: the President of Georgia is compared to a dog, lying with ears pressed to head.