- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Opposition held a protest action near Tbilisi Sakrebulo2009-10-16 17:01
Part of non-parliamentary opposition of Georgia staged an action near Tbilisi Sakrebulo [City Council] to protest against the changes in the master plan of the capital, allowing building objects in 40 zones, deprived of the status of recreational.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The action was initiated by the Conservative party, the Greens of Georgia, the Women's Party.
According to Lasha Chkhartishvili, the changes will lead Tbilisi to ecologic catastrophe.
"It's a criminal decision of Sakrebulo, which can be explained only by the corrupt order of Saakashvili and Ugulava. We condemn these actions, aimed to eliminate green plantation in Tbilisi, and will struggle for saving tour children's health to the end", Chkhartishvili said.
The protesters demanded the cancellation of the illegal decision of Sakrebulo and suspension of the action of capital's master plan of prospective development. They propose to present the plan for the study of community and involve experts and interested people in studies.