- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Opposition considers impeachment to Saakashvili2009-10-16 18:39
"Opposition continue consultations on power shift, to be precise - replacement of the Presiden Saakashvili. There are different ways to reach the goal. Protest actions, dialog. But there is one more method - it would be good if the Parliament itself started procedure of Saakashvili's impeachment", said Karlo Kopaliani, MP [Strong Georgia fraction] - Mir channel.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The main argument for Saakashvili's impeachment - the report of the EU fact-finding commission, which called the authorities of Georgia guilty of the August events. In the view of the opposition member, the conclusions are enough to initiate the impeachment.
According to Georgian legislation, to implement the procedure of the President's impeachment the opposition must have no less than 50 signatures of MPs. In that case the Supreme and the Constitutional Courts will consider it.