- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Ex-producer of Imedi requested a political asylum in Russia2009-10-19 10:22
Badri Afanasyev, the ex-producer of the Imedi TV channel, turned to Federal Security Service of Russia bodies with a request to grant him political asylum in Russia - Vesti.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to Afanasyev, after death of Badri Patarkatsishvili, Georgian special services started persecuting him as the TV company producer, for ties with opposition. In particular, they demanded to sign forged documents compromising Patarkatsishvili. Afanasyev had to leave Georgia.
The issue of granting him the political asylum will be considered in accordance with the Russian legislation.