- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Tskhinval: meeting in Ergneti was tense2009-10-19 16:12
A meeting of representatives of South Ossetian and Georgian sides was held in Ergneti. Issue of missing citizens of Georgia and South Ossetia was raised. The meeting hadn't been pre-planned and was held upon the proposal of Geneva talks co-chairman Charalampos Christopoulos - Res.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"In our view, the Georgian side behaves very unconstructively, - said Merab Chigoyev, the South Ossetian President's deputy plenipotentiary on post-conflict settlement. - The matter is that 5 our citizens are considered missing by both the Georgian side and the OSCE representatives, whereas we know these citizens are kept by defense, security and law enforcement structures of Georgia".
Chigoyev stated Tskhinval had proofs. "We obtained additional information about the fate of citizens, passed it to the Georgian side, demanded it to be proved", he said.
The Georgian side also touched upon its missing citizens. Tskhinval proposed Tbilisi more detailed information in this regard and the due check from its side.