- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Baramidze: new revolution in Georgia is impossible2009-10-19 17:37
"All the spring rallies of opposition, all these 3 months of bacchanal exactly pursued the aim of overthrowing Saakashvili. Russia was rubbing hands waiting for him to be toppled. If you noticed, right in the course of these events Russian said "We won't talk to Saakashvili". Now they talk a little about it, as they realized - attempts to overthrow our President would be failed" said Georgi Baramidze, the Vice PM - the Kommersant.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"We stated the protest actions would fade away themselves, and it happened. What's the difference of the present-day manifestations from our Rose Revolution? That time the authority couldn't rule: Shevarnadze's Georgia was a bankrupt. The power was at our feet, we just picked it up - there was a rally, and we said "Shevarnadze, go away" - and he left. He did it because he knew - he had no other choice. And we don't intend to leave anywhere and won't let us be toppled easily!" he highlighted.
Art the same time, on Novemeber 7th Georgian opposition plans to start a new stage of struggle for Saakashvili's resignation.
The statement was made by Eka Beselia in the Versia [Tbilisi newspaper] published today. She promised mass events not only in the capital, but in the regions as well.
One week ago Salome Zourabishvili, the Way of Georgia leader, urged opposition to start a new stage of peaceful struggle for Saakashvili's resignation. She noted that Novemeber 7th is the second anniversary of the dispersal of the rally in Tbilisi.