- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Russian Foreign Ministry: Russia sends no signals to Georgia2009-10-19 18:36
Moscow sends Tbilisi no signals on its desire to start dialog, aimed at restoration of bilateral relations, as soon as possible, stated the high-ranking source in the Russian Foreign Ministry, in this way commenting the statement of Grigol Vashadze to Rustavi 2 ".gt-en-newsitem-inside
In that statement he said that Moscow needs dialog with Tbilisi "just for one reason - in order to then run to Brussels or Washington to say: ‘we are already direct talks with them [Georgians], it is not a problem any more, forget about it", he said.
He also called such form of dialog as treason.
The source in the Russian Ministry stated that signals came from Vashadze himself, via respectable West European officials as mediators - RIA Novosti.
The source supposed that Vashadze's superiors learnt about his attempts, and now he's trying to justify himself.
"He must be afraid for his career, and therefore turns everything upside down".
The source also called Vashadze's calls to conduct direct negotiations on the status of South Ossetia and Abkhazia "belated".